With temperatures in the 80’s, you would almost think that summer is here in NH already. Maybe not, but it is time to grill out. Here is my recipe for Fabulous Grilled Ginger-Glazed Salmon!
• Salmon fillets
• 1 cup soy sauce
• 1 cup cream sherry
• ¼ cup of sugar
• 4 tablespoons grated fresh ginger (I use ginger from a jar!)
• 8 garlic cloves, finely chopped (I use the stuff in a jar!)
1. Rinse the salmon fillet and check for bones. I remove the bones with a small set of needle-nosed pliers.
2. Cut the fillet into strips about 2 inches wide and place in a glass pan.
3. Combine the soy sauce, sherry and sugar in a saucepan and heat only until the sugar has dissolved. Add the ginger, and garlic and pour over the salmon. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours or at room temperature for 30 minutes.
4. Put the salmon in a wire grill basket that has been sprayed with grilling oil. Note that I have cut off the long handles of the basket so that I can close the hood of our grill. Place the remainder of the marinade in a bowl for basting.
5. Place the salmon in the grill skin side down and grill for 7.5 minutes at a moderate heat level. Brush with marinade several times. Turn the basket over and grill for another 7.5 minutes, and brush marinade on several times. Make sure that you do not overcook!!
Added some grilled vegetables and you will have a fantastic dinner!