- Everett was appointed to the NH Lakes Commission in 1998.
- Everett was a former member of the Hames Park Committee and helped to raise funds and construct the “pocket park” onMain Street.
- Everett is a former member of the Sunapee Riverwalk Committee.
- Everett is the former President of the Lake Sunapee Business Association.
- Everett is an active member and former director of the New London Lake Sunapee Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Everett was a member of the Sunapee Planing Board for 9 years and chairman for 8.
- Everett was Chairman of the Conflict of Interest Committee for the Town of Sunapee
- Robin is an active member of the Sunapee Gardners that plant and maintain numbers of public gardens.
- Robin is a former member of the Sunapee Zoning Board of Adjustment.
- Robin served on the board of directors of the Sunapee Harbor-Riverway Corp. for 12 years. The Harbor-Riverway purchased a number of Sunapee Harbor properties that had been foreclosed on in the early 90’s and was able to keep the harbor alive during the deep recession that we had here. The work is totally voluntary and unpaid. Robin was chair of the entertainment committee for years and the former President.
- Robin and Everett served on the Sunapee Library Steering Committee to raise 2.5 million dollars to build a new community library here in Sunapee.
- Robin and Everett are very involved with the Annual Benefit Auction for the Upper Valley Humane Society.
- Robin is very active in The Women’s Fund of NH. She is currently Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors and on the Executive Board. She is a member and Co-Chair of the Grants Committee that reads, evaluates and selects a certain number of grant requests from among hundreds submitted. The grants are given to a wide array of service programs that specifically aid women and children.
- Every year, we (personally and as a company) give to a number of worthy causes including the NH Federation of the Blind, Sunapee Lions Club, Kearsarge Valley Little League, summer entertainment in Sunapee Harbor, Upper Valley Humane Society, The Women’s Fund of NH, New London Rotory Club, the Realtors Neighbors Helping Neighbors and the Ausbon-Sargent Land Trust.
- One of my favorites is the local Rotory “Service Above Self” award that is given to a Sunapee student each year during the Rotory’s Scholorship ceremony. We have sponsored it for years and I get to sit and talk with the High School senior that receives it. It’s moving to see all of the great kids that are doing so well and on the verge of embarking on their “future”. The best donation that we make each year!!
- Construction Management
- Custom Homes
- Renovations & Additions
- Detached Structure
- Condo Renovation
- Kitchen & Bath
- Interior Design
- Total Home Care
Thirty-six years of crafting award-winning housing projects in the Lake Sunapee area of New Hampshire has earned Northcape Design-Build a reputation for superb craftsmanship and careful attention to detail. From new construction to historic preservation, room additions and major renovations, our team is committed to crafting homes with exceptional quality and providing you with a seamless and enjoyable experience
Will we work with your architect? Absolutely. We will work closely with you and your architect during the design process because we want to make your dream a reality. If desired, we will review each version of the plans and offer advice with respect to building layout, construction methods, materials and building systems, as well as recommend alternative solutions when design details might affect construction feasibility and costs. Throughout the design process, we will provide you with rough estimates of the budget.
Our homes utilize the latest building technology which makes them safer, healthier and more efficient. We have extensive experience with the State Shoreland permitting process and have represented our clients in front of local Zoning Boards. From a 2,000 square foot vacation cottage on the lake to a 19,500 square foot hand-scribed log home perched on the side of a mountain, we thrive on finding solutions for building homes on unique lots.
Renovations & Additions
Unlike many builders, we love renovations and additions; in fact, we complete more renovation projects than custom homes every year. There is a real challenge to designing an addition or renovation that seamlessly integrates into an existing home and that challenge excites us. Whether it is a single room makeover or a whole house renovation, our design-build team will work hard to deliver the perfect renovation or addition to your home.
Sometimes the best solution to your lifestyle outgrowing your home is to build a new space. We have designed and built numerous garages with attached guest quarters, storage barns, garden “cottages”, outdoor living pavilions, gazebos, boathouses, golf simulators and even a squash court. The possibilities are endless, so what would you like?
With both a Certified Aging In Place Specialist and an ASID certified interior designer on our team, we are uniquely qualified to design and complete condo renovations. We have extensive experience working with many of the area condominium associations and whether it is a simple cosmetic update or a complete makeover, we can advise our clients on the best ways to make their homes safer, more comfortable and lifelong.
Kitchen & Bath
Wouldn’t you love a new kitchen, master bath, office, den, home theater or outdoor kitchen? At Northcape Design-Build, we carry three outstanding lines of cabinets and display beautiful cabinet hardware in our showroom. We only work with the best countertop and appliance suppliers in New England and employ a talented design staff that will take your ideas and turn them into an exceptional and beautiful completed project.
We are thrilled to welcome award-winning interior designer Patricia Westgate onto the Northcape Design-Build Team. A graduate of Newbury College and a member of the ASID, Pat worked at the Expo Design Center in Boston before managing a design center on Cape Cod for several years. Pat is available to help you with any aspect of your interior design project, such as upholstery, drapes, blinds, furniture, color selection, space planning and more.
Total Home Care
We are excited to offer a new, proactive service that will provide homeowners with a trusted and reliable partner for enhancing the value of their homes over the years. The Total Home Care program identifies issues including maintenance, repairs and remodeling, and creates a comprehensive long-range plan to take care of them. Please ask us about it.